Monday, July 4, 2011

Not the start I was hoping for.

As I type right now I should be in the AOR. However I am here at Norfolk NS until Thursday. Through a combo of the ticketing office ticketing me for the wrong day, to the folks who cut the orders not loading me on to the mission this has been a nightmare. SO here I sit for the next 4 days in this room waiting for the next rotator. I have not been to the gym in 3 weeks. I took some time for family, relaxing, and to heal up some nagging injuries. SO this morning I woke and went walking around this enormous base looking for a gym. It was much needed. The amount of stress on me has been unreal. To finally get back on the iron was something I had longed for. I planned on starting out using the Quantum body method. However today I followed similar principles yet took it easy to get back into the routine.  It felt great, alot of soreness was gone however so was my strength. I worked a lot of volume, with light rest. Really getting a full pump, i left 1.5 hrs later feeling refreshed. I took a walk over to the NEX here which is what I can only describe as an enormous mall. Its easily 5 times the size of our BX ( for you civilians its basically a walmart on base. 

No supplements yet, everything is packed. So I did chest and Bi's today. Again a ton of volume as the goal was just pump.

Incline Machine press 125 x 15 140x12 150x12 125x20
Flat Barbell bench 205lbs x10 4 sets
Incline DB flies  40lb X 8 for 3 sets

1  Giant set of High middle and Low cable flies 15 reps each

Bi's
Easy Bar curl 50lbs x 15 6 sets
dual hammer curl with Db's 45x8 4 sets
Machine curls single hand 30lbs x 12 3 sets each side

Great volume and great blood flow. Went for a 2 mile walk afterwards the weather is pretty nice here and its weird not seeing palm trees everywhere.  Gonna hit the books and do some homework. Will take beginning pictures of progress when I finally land this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment