Saturday, September 24, 2011

Training your legs for overall health. Love Leg day!

Saturdays are my leg day, Its my 1 day off during the week and I get a chance to go in for as long as I want and hammer these things. Its great too because all the stations are wide open for me to use. They are wide open because no one does legs lmfao.  Seriously look around your gym, 90% of the time you see massive upper bodies with chicken legs.  The excuses are great, while some may be legitimate most are not. "I run for my legs", "My legs are too big already", "Squats hurt my knees or my back or insert here" not training your legs is the biggest training mistake you can make.Maybe I'm a sadist but the pain I endure in the days following leg training is somewhat addictive. As I type this I can barely stand up to get our of my chair. Its a sign I put in work. Genetically my legs suck they just don't have that sexy outter sweep I so covet, but where they lack in width I make up in density and cut. Legs are ridiculously important for training, sure they dont make you look pretty on the beach, unless you are a female ;) but for those of us who take this seriously, we don't do it to look pretty on the beach, it's just a side effect :D   Listed below are the common sense can be found anywhere reasons why you should train your legs  The reasons listed below are paraphrased from one of my favorite BB sites

1. More Muscle. You can find studies showing that  squats and deadlifts increase the release of Growth Hormone & Testosterone more than any other exercise. They train the largest muscles in your body.

2. Bigger Upper-body. Squats & Deadlifts work your whole body, not just your legs. Your core, i.e abs,  your chest, your arms.  Everything is stimulated, I've often said if I was reduced to doing one exercise for the rest of my life it would be deadlifts. This naturally leads to more strength overall

3. Symmetry. As I noted above  a big upper-body with toothpick legs looks ridiculous. I see dudes benching 350 plus and when I ask them how much they can squat they asks whats a squat lol

  4. Mental Strength.
Here's the real reason why people don't train their legs: it's physically & mentally hard. It hurts, and when you hurt your mentally don't wanna do it anymore.

5. For the women that read this, you guys would benefit the most from leg training, As women you naturally carry your body fat in your butt and legs aka the Pear share. a good toned leg and ass will work wonders for your self esteem and for ours :D Seriously why women dont squat or tone their legs is beyond me. If they focused as much effort into these exercise as they do bitching about their fat asses they would win dozens of figure competitions for having the greatest pair of wheels seen on a women.  Alas most Americans are lazy anywho so it is what it is. But if you are a female that trains.  Lunges, squats, leg extensions, and calf presses are your best friends

Running Doesn't Count!
Running, cycling or soccer will never work your legs like Squats & Deadlifts do.

So instead of skipping leg day embrace it, love the fact that walking around like a newborn deer is just as good as having a good romp in the sack.  The old adage  pain is temporary pride is forever holds true still.  Plus the health benefits cannot be overlooked

No comments:

Post a Comment