Thursday, August 4, 2011

What Motivates you? Where do you get your drive from?

Everyone has those days, just before they go to the gym where they just do not want to go. They have no motivation, maybe your tired, work sucks, the wife/gf or both suck :D What do you do to get passed that? Do you say F' it and not go or what? Maybe its a larger goal in life that gives you the drive. My motivation has changed a dozen times in the last decade, from football, to chasing tail, to trying to impress my wife, to stepping on stage and everywhere in between. When I first started out it was merely to attract the shallow women who only cared about looks. After all that is pretty my college life right there lol. When I started playing semi pro football, the motivation was to not have my ass served to me on a platter. Those were pretty much the driving force behind my obsession for many years. Ass and football, typical guy but I loved it. Well I havent chased ass in I can't tell you how long. My last football game was the end of 2007 so I had to find new goals and new motivation. As my family grew it became about them, to reverse aging, stay around as long as possible and to keep my wife interested, oh yeah and to beat the shit out of military douchebags who thought it was cool to come around whenever I had to leave on assignment. 

When Arianna was born I kind of flipped the switch back to being big and scary but then I realized at age 60 when i finally let her date I will be too old to do anything anyway. I still try to impress my wife but hell who am I kidding she doesn't give 2 shits what i look like lol. She cares even less about bodybuilding and fitness which brings it's own host of issues. Sure its a plus that she isn't shallow and loves me for me, but hell i kill myself in the gym recognize woman, recognize already. I know there are women out there with fat out of shape hubbys and b/f's that envy you so recognize.

So what do I do when the motivation I use does not care a thing in the world about my passion. I resort back to the old faithful.  My Idol the Arnold. He has the identical body I longed desired for but will never achieve. He wasnt like the juiced up growth hormone unaesthetic freaks of today. Hell is legs where tiny as hell by todays judging standards, but he was a master at the pose and I strive to be close. So i read a mag, crank up the tunes and think one day I too may step on stage at a local show just to say i made it.

Whats your motivation

No comments:

Post a Comment